** FALL 2018 SOCCER REGISTRATION**
WE ARE EXTENDING THE COACHES BUDDY SYSTEM 1 ADDITIONAL DAY. MUST BE IN PERSON NOT ONLINE ON JULY 10TH. COACHES WILL BE ALLOWED TO PICK 1 BUDDY PLAYER ON THIS DAY ONLY IN ADDITION TO THEIR ASSISTANT COACH.
$180 1ST CHILD
$170 2ND CHILD- MUST BE SIBLINGS
$160 3RD+ CHILD- MUST BE SIBLINGS
IN PERSON REGISTRATION WILL TAKE PLACE AT EDGEWOOD HIGH SCHOOL NEAR TRACK FIELD
TUESDAY JULY 10-6:30PM-8:00PM
FRIDAY JULY 13 -6:30PM-8:00PM
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL OPEN JULY 2- JULY 30
PLAYERS MUST BE BORN BETWEEN JAN.1 2001- DEC. 31, 2014
New players must bring a copy of their birth certificate please also bring a 1x1 picture of your child for their player id.
.For More Information Email The Appropriate Registrar Listed Below:
Vanessa Roseli - BIRTH YEAR firstname.lastname@example.org
Erika Saucedo- BIRTH YEAR 2007-2010- email@example.com
Irma Ibarra- BIRTH YEAR 2001-2006- firstname.lastname@example.org
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS- SPRING 2018
Registration for Spring 2018 begins online January 13th and will remain opened until March 4TH. You will be placed on the waitlist after this date
- In person registration dates:
- Tuesday Feb 6th, 2018 6-730pm
- Friday Feb 16th, 2018 6-730pm
- Registration will take place at EDGEWOOD HIGH SCHOOL. NEAR TRACK BY MERCED/ORANGE
- What does the registration fees include? Uniform (socks, jersey and shorts), end of season trophy/medal, pictures and all referee fees. Restrooms/trash, field maintenance fees.
- What age does our league begin taking children? All children born in 2000-2013 are eligible to participate in our league.
- Is our program for beginners? Our recreational program is opened to all new and experienced players. Our league also has a signature and club program which requires your child to tryout and be selected.
- What is needed at time of registration? Fees and birth certificate if new to our league.
- Practice Schedule? Practices are setup by your child’s coach and are typically 1-2 times a week, practice time typically doesn’t start earlier than 5:30pm but do vary by coach.
- Practice Locations? U5-U8 will practice at our Soccer Complex, U10-U12 will practice at Wescove Elementary, U14-U18 will practice at Merced Elementary. Please note: if coaches have multiple teams they may request your child’s practice to be at a neutral location outside of the above mentioned.
- Game Schedule? Games schedules are released 1 week prior to the start of the season and are on weekends with some weekday games depending on division.
- Game Location? All games will be played at our Soccer Complex located at 1615 Merced Ave. W. Covina
- What is needed at 1st practice? Cleats, shin guards, ball (size 3 for u5-u8; size 4 u10-u12; size 5 u14-u18).
- What does my child wear to practice? Comfortable clothing preferably no denim. Activewear is preferred.
- How are teams determined? In order to create fair and balanced teams, we complete team forming the week we close registration. Team forming is completed by taking our player ratings and distributing across each team to create balanced teams based on those ratings.
- When will a coach contact us? Coaches have until March 28th to contact all players. In an event your child’s team doesn’t have a coach, you will receive either an email or text prior to that so we can attempt in securing a coach.
- When will the first game be? Our Spring 2018 begins April 14th.
***As with all activities and/or sports hydration is extremely important. Please make sure your child is properly hydrated not just on practice and game days but throughout the week as well. Proper hydration will help eliminate fatigue and injuries